Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Long Day...

I had my first Taxol chemo treatment today. It turned out to be a long day. My appointment was at 9:45am; I finally got "hooked" up to the IVs around; 11am and did not finish up until 4:15pm. A full day at the office!

Overall I feel good. There are about four different pre-medications (IV Benadryll, Zofran (anti-nausea), steroids, and something else I can't remember.) I have to get before I even receive the Taxol. Those pre-meds are the ones that make me feel kind of groggy.

The associated nausea that I experienced after my last cycle has a real medical name - some psychosis blah blah blah. I can't remember the official way to say it. My doctor prescribed me some Atavan (sp?) which is a mild sedative that will help calm me when I go to the office or start to feel queasy at home. It works well!

I am tired but feeling good! 3 more to go!!!

No comments: