Thursday, November 8, 2007

All Clear!

I had my first follow-up mammogram since my diagnosis in January. I was soooo anxious for the past couple weeks leading up to this. I have had a headache from grinding my teeth because that's what I do when I am nervous.

I had two views on each side and then a magnified one right on my scar. The worst part is waiting afterwards which I forgot about. While still wearing your johnny, you are put in a waiting room with all of the other women who just had their mammograms. It took about 1 1/2 hours for the radiologist to read the films. I was lucky to be in a room with very fun women. The staff said that they had never seen such a room that was so filled with laughter!

The radiologist who read my films was the same one that did my work up in January - Dr. Semine. He is the director of the Women's Imaging Center at Newton-Wellesley and a wonderful man. He remembered me and when I met with him to go over my results he made sure to check in with me about the past year. All my films were clear - nothing to worry about!

My next exam will be in 6 months (May) when I will have an MRI. 6 months from then (next November) I will have another mammogram.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.