Thursday, March 15, 2007

2 Down...


Well, I had my second round of chemo on Wednesday. I have 6 total treatments left (2 more cycles of the Adriamycin and Cytoxan - the 2 nastier drugs; and 4 cycles of Taxol). I was worried how this round was going to be because I started to feel more tired and had a mildly upset stomach (nothing bad at all) late yesterday afternoon and evening. Today I feel better. I went into the doctor's office again today for a Neulasta injection (for my white blood cell count) and more fluids to keep me hydrated and flush everything out. I have become anemic but have started on iron pills 2 weeks ago and may also have to add a Procrit shot to my list of medications if my red blood cell count drops any lower. It's boderline for now and might just stay that way.
I was starving tonight and ate a really good dinner. I didn't really eat too well last cycle until day three or so. So far no headache either. I have something stronger to take if I get a migraine like last cycle. My hair has started to fall out. No bald spots yet but give it a week and I will look like Brittany Spears (I plan to shave my head when it starts to get patchy.) I have my wig and it's cute. A little weird to put on but I like to color (my color with more highlights) and the style (a little longer than what my hair was with layers and it's straight). Jeffrey has it on in this picture.


We will see what tomorrow brings! Hopefully more of the same!

~Anne

No comments: