Thursday, March 1, 2007

So far so good.

Well, last night and today I have felt pretty good. When I woke up this morning I felt like I had a mild hangover. A headache and slight queasy stomach. The stomach part went away after I had something to eat and if I have something in my stomach I feel good. I went in to the doctor's again today just to check in with the nurse practitioner and get IV fluids and a Neulasta injection that will help boost my white blood cell count. The nurse practitioner said that my scalp may start to hurt/tingle/itch as early as sometime next week and my hair will start to fall out. I am going tomorrow morning to cut my hair shorter so it will be less messy for when it does start to "fall down" - as Jeffrey puts it. I am going to pick out a hair piece (aka, wig) on March 10th and hopefully I can trade up to a better hairstyle than what I have now.

Everyone at the doctor's office is so great. They make it so comfortable there and even though you are there for a pretty crappy reason, the atmosphere is extremely upbeat and relaxed. The weird thing is that I am enjoying my time there (for now). It is making me take time for me. When I am hooked up to the IV, I have nowhere else I need to be or nothing else I need to be doing. Amanda went with me yester and Jeff (thank you to both of you) went with me today. We could actually have adult conversation with no interuptions from any children needing anything.

Next week I go just for a doctor check-in and bloodwork. Chemo will be again the following week.

'til next time...
~Anne

1 comment:

Beth said...

Anne- You are always in my thoughts...stay strong! Love you!