Sunday, July 8, 2007

Hair Status

I feel like Collin and I are in a race to see who can get to their first haircut the soonest. He's winning. His hair blows in the breeze a little. Mine not so much. I still need to wear a hat or put sunscreen on my head so it doesn't get fried.

I by no means have any resemblence to having a full head of hair, but it is growing. I can even pull what I have - and it doesn't fall out! It's a weird feeling. It's coming just in time for Collin to start the new milestone of grabbing, pulling, and holding onto it for dear life.

I haven't had hair since mid-March now and have gotten very used to it. Enjoyed it actually. The sensation of pulling it with resistance is pretty cool. It's all fuzzy and light but there is some darker, coarser growth coming in. My head looks dirty at first glance but upon further and closer inspection one can see...I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand I am excited beyond words that I will have hair again soon. On the other hand, I am dreading the in-between phases hair goes through when one tries to grow it out. I do remember my bang phase and how awkward it was growing them out. I am also dreading having to do my hair again. Right now there is no though given to my hair. Just which bandana to wear with my outfit. I don't have to decide to wear it up or down? Curly or straight? Should I sport the mullett? Kidding on that last one.

No comments: